Which packaging material is suitable for frozen food? Flexible packaging materials used in frozen food are mainly divided into three categories:
- Single-layer packaging film, such as PE bags, have relatively poor barrier effect and are commonly used in vegetable packaging.
- Composite soft plastic packaging film, which uses adhesive to bond two or more layers of plastic film materials together, such as OPP/LLDPE, NY/LLDPE, etc., with relatively good moisture resistance, cold resistance and puncture resistance.
- Multi-layer co-extruded soft plastic packaging film, which melt-extrudes raw materials with different functions such as PA, PE, PP, PET, EVOH, etc.
With the continuous advancement of science and technology, new materials are emerging one after another, and edible packaging materials are one of the representatives. It is based on biodegradable polysaccharides, proteins or lipids. By means of wrapping, dipping, coating or spraying, a protective film is formed on the surface of frozen food using natural edible substances as raw materials and formed through intermolecular interactions to control moisture transfer and oxygen permeation. The film has obvious water resistance, strong resistance to gas permeation, and most importantly, it can be eaten with frozen food without any pollution, and has broad application prospects.
What are the packaging requirements for freezing foods?
- Characteristics of frozen food itself and its required protection conditions. Study the main components that affect frozen food, especially the sensitive factors that affect nutrients such as fat, protein, and vitamins, including light, oxygen, temperature, microorganisms, and physical and mechanical factors. Only by mastering the biological, chemical, physical characteristics and sensitive factors of frozen food, and determining the required protection conditions, can we determine what packaging materials and packaging technology to use for packaging operations. In order to achieve its protective function and properly extend its storage period.
- Commodity market positioning and circulation area conditions. The market positioning of the commodity, the mode of transportation, and the climate and geographical conditions of the circulation area are the factors that must be considered in the design of frozen food packaging. Different transportation methods have different protective requirements for packaging.
- Influence of packaging overall structure and packaging materials on frozen food. Understand the migration of additives and other components in packaging materials into frozen food, and the impact of certain components in frozen food infiltration and adsorption into packaging containers on the quality of frozen food during circulation.